For many months, retail stores have taken extra safety precautions to protect customers from COVID-19. Now, according to the CDC, with a total of 161,473,715 Americans fully vaccinated, or 48.6 percent of the country's population, the same retail stores are starting to relax some of those precautions, including opening their dressing rooms back up to customers. Yea!
Depending on the store, when it comes to retail design, you might see hard structure walls and doors with locks. For more upscale boutiques or stores with unique design, you might see dressing rooms that have lush curtains rather than doors. One particular national chain in Chicago does just that – they use thick curtains for their changing rooms. They added hooks to the edges of the curtains so the customer can secure the panels as they would a door. The curtain is attached to the ceiling with a ceiling mount curtain track and uses carriers that provide a seamless opening and closing. This type of design provides an upscale feel.
Ceiling mount curtain tracks are designed to be mounted by either being screwed directly into the ceiling through mounting holes or attached directly to the ceiling with ceiling mount hardware. This hardware can include clips, clamps, brackets, or retainers. The 52124 Ceiling Mount Curtain Track is a solid option for this type of retail project. This track is an aluminum track with silver satin finish that will not rust. Depending on the height of the ceilings, the 6200 Heavy Duty I Beam Track is another great choice. This track can be mounted to the wall or the ceiling and is super strong to hold even the most plush curtains.
Bridal salons also often use curtains for their dressing room spaces. As brides-to-be try on their dream gown, many of these bridal boutiques put them in a room that is much larger than a standard dressing room to accommodate the many dresses in various shapes and materials. Rather than using a cold, harsh door, you will see beautiful curtains. They soften the space and create an elegant feel – just what every bride deserves.
The next time you take a few moments to try on clothing in a store, take note of the dressing room situation. You might just see some curtain tracks and beautiful curtains instead of walls and doors. These quality, durable curtain tracks will last for years.
Customers often contact us in the midst of a bathroom remodel project with questions on how to hang a shower curtain from the ceiling. We are always happy to help. Hanging a shower curtain from the ceiling starts with the addition of a Ceiling Mount Curtain Track. A traditional shower curtain rod won’t get the job done but a ceiling mount track will. These curtain tracks may seem daunting, but it offers more flexibility with functionality and design.
Making the switch to a ceiling mount track may also mean you need a new shower curtain that is a different size than the traditional 72x72 inch curtain. This is especially true when using drop chains to help bridge the gap between the curtain and the track system if it is mounted higher than the height of the curtain. Whatever the size that is needed for your shower, Curtain-Tracks can make custom shower curtains in a variety of materials including commercial grade vinyl to fabrics. We are proud to say we are the best source to supply the curtain you need in the size that you specify, all at an affordable price.
Now that you have all the materials needed for your shower design you might ask, “How to install a ceiling-mounted shower curtain?” This is when our friendly customer service team really shines. Our team is here to support you from selecting the best products for your project to assistance when ordering to installation guidance. Also, we have great resources on our website including our Installation Guides. For example, if you are installing the 84001 curtain track, you would follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Purchase appropriate mounting screws and anchors as needed (not provided). Hardware required varies depending on ceiling construction. Verify screw head fits through track slot before proceeding.
2. Cut track to length. Any miter saw or hack saw will easily cut the track. When splicing tracks together, be sure each cut is a clean perpendicular cut and remove any burrs.
3. Add end caps to track where needed. Slip the top of the cap over the top of the track so that the open part of the end cap is facing down in the same direction as the slot in the track. Drive a metal screw through the hole in the end cap through the top of the track or pre-drill and use a small nut and bolt to lock the end cap in place. Be sure your screw is not too long to interfere with the path of the carriers. If the end cap has a removable gate, verify that it can easily be removed before proceeding.
4. Identify an optimal location to screw track into the ceiling. It is preferred to drive mounting screws into ceiling joists or solid supports. Anchors may be required if mounting directly to drywall ceiling. If mounting to drop ceiling grid, select drilling location off-center of T-bar grid hardware.
5. Mark screw locations on the track to identify where to drill mounting holes.
6. Using a small drill bit, drill holes through the top of the track. Be sure to center these holes through the slot in the track. Adjust the location of the hole if it is not centered. Be careful not to damage the slot with a drill bit or screw.
7. Re-drill each hole with a larger bit sized to accommodate your mounting screws.
8. Position the track onto the ceiling and mark the location of the holes in the track on the ceiling.
9. Drill pilot holes into the ceiling at the locations marked in step #7.
10. Feed all carriers into the end of the track with the body of the carrier hanging through the slot below the track.
11. Mount the track to the ceiling by driving screws up through the track so that the slot in the track is facing the floor. The head of the screws should be hidden inside the track. Take care not to leave screw heads in a position where they may interfere with the path of the carriers. If your application requires wall-to-wall installation, insert the carriers prior to mounting the track to the ceiling.
12. If splicing track sections together for wider spans, position the splicer halfway into one end of the track, leaving the other half of the splicer extended to accept the second section of track. Drive a screw through the splicer and each section of track being joined. Minimize any gap between the tracks.
Once you have your track mounted, installing the curtains is really very easy. Beginning at one end of the track, slide in your carriers (88102 two-wheel carriers with ball chains and hooks work well). These carriers have a white plastic body and are compatible with most other similar tracks. Follow up by adding your new shower curtains to the carriers. If you run into issues, please contact us at 888-434-7444.
Viola! The end result of your ceiling mounted shower curtains will be sleek and sophisticated.
The nail salon industry in the United States is comprised of nail care services including manicures, pedicures and the sale of nail care products like nail polish and nail care accessories. According to Statista.com, as of 2018, there were almost 395,600 nail technicians and just over 56,300 individual nail salons in the United States. That’s a lot of nail salons!
With so many nail salons for consumers to choose from, how do you get your business to stand out from the others?
Deliver an exceptional final product and amazing service.
This may seem like the most obvious answer but oftentimes, business owners and staff get caught up in the day-to-day operations that they think they are delivering quality service, but in reality, they are not. Not greeting customers when they come through the door and making them wait long periods of time, rushing through a service, not answering the phone, these are all things that may make that customer walk right back out that door and go to a competitor down the street. If you are a business owner, take a moment to step back and evaluate your customer service delivery. Look at add-on services that your customers may enjoy such as complimentary refreshing fruit infused water or a bar that serves wine and fun drinks. Offer packages for mommy/daughter pedicures or a bachelorette party bundle that includes more than one service. Create an experience that will keep your customers coming back again and again.
Be committed to safety and have an impeccably clean salon with sterilized tools.
According to Good Housekeeping when choosing a salon, take note of the tools they use and if they are sterilized. “Salons that are committed to the safety and well-being of your nails always use sterilized tools.” Are the workstations clean? Are all tools sterilized and in sealed plastic? Be sure to watch them open these packages in front of you. When in doubt, bring your own tool kit and nail polish. For more tips on salon safety, check out this article.
Create a spa-like experience for every guest that walks through your door.
This can be everything from working massage chairs at the pedicure station to soft touches throughout the salon. Live plants, aromatherapy, chandeliers, and beautiful curtains on windows as well as any areas storing supplies can all help create a soothing experience for your guests. One nail salon did just that by adding lush curtains to their windows. It not only helps create great curb appeal, but it also enhances the look in the interior of the salon.
Creating a salon that is welcoming and safe should be a top priority for all salon owners and can help your business stand out from the competition. If Curtain-Tracks can help your business achieve a more aesthetic look, please contact our friendly customer service team. We are here to help!