Curtains for Showers and Claw Foot Tubs
Customers often contact us in the midst of a bathroom remodel project with questions on how to hang a shower curtain from the ceiling. We are always happy to help. Hanging a shower curtain from the ceiling starts with the addition of a Ceiling Mount Curtain Track. A traditional shower curtain rod won’t get the job done but a ceiling mount track will. These curtain tracks may seem daunting, but it offers more flexibility with functionality and design.
Making the switch to a ceiling mount track may also mean you need a new shower curtain that is a different size than the traditional 72x72 inch curtain. This is especially true when using drop chains to help bridge the gap between the curtain and the track system if it is mounted higher than the height of the curtain. Whatever the size that is needed for your shower, Curtain-Tracks can make custom shower curtains in a variety of materials including commercial grade vinyl to fabrics. We are proud to say we are the best source to supply the curtain you need in the size that you specify, all at an affordable price.
Now that you have all the materials needed for your shower design you might ask, “How to install a ceiling-mounted shower curtain?” This is when our friendly customer service team really shines. Our team is here to support you from selecting the best products for your project to assistance when ordering to installation guidance. Also, we have great resources on our website including our Installation Guides. For example, if you are installing the 84001 curtain track, you would follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Purchase appropriate mounting screws and anchors as needed (not provided). Hardware required varies depending on ceiling construction. Verify screw head fits through track slot before proceeding.
2. Cut track to length. Any miter saw or hack saw will easily cut the track. When splicing tracks together, be sure each cut is a clean perpendicular cut and remove any burrs.
3. Add end caps to track where needed. Slip the top of the cap over the top of the track so that the open part of the end cap is facing down in the same direction as the slot in the track. Drive a metal screw through the hole in the end cap through the top of the track or pre-drill and use a small nut and bolt to lock the end cap in place. Be sure your screw is not too long to interfere with the path of the carriers. If the end cap has a removable gate, verify that it can easily be removed before proceeding.
4. Identify an optimal location to screw track into the ceiling. It is preferred to drive mounting screws into ceiling joists or solid supports. Anchors may be required if mounting directly to drywall ceiling. If mounting to drop ceiling grid, select drilling location off-center of T-bar grid hardware.
5. Mark screw locations on the track to identify where to drill mounting holes.
6. Using a small drill bit, drill holes through the top of the track. Be sure to center these holes through the slot in the track. Adjust the location of the hole if it is not centered. Be careful not to damage the slot with a drill bit or screw.
7. Re-drill each hole with a larger bit sized to accommodate your mounting screws.
8. Position the track onto the ceiling and mark the location of the holes in the track on the ceiling.
9. Drill pilot holes into the ceiling at the locations marked in step #7.
10. Feed all carriers into the end of the track with the body of the carrier hanging through the slot below the track.
11. Mount the track to the ceiling by driving screws up through the track so that the slot in the track is facing the floor. The head of the screws should be hidden inside the track. Take care not to leave screw heads in a position where they may interfere with the path of the carriers. If your application requires wall-to-wall installation, insert the carriers prior to mounting the track to the ceiling.
12. If splicing track sections together for wider spans, position the splicer halfway into one end of the track, leaving the other half of the splicer extended to accept the second section of track. Drive a screw through the splicer and each section of track being joined. Minimize any gap between the tracks.
Once you have your track mounted, installing the curtains is really very easy. Beginning at one end of the track, slide in your carriers (88102 two-wheel carriers with ball chains and hooks work well). These carriers have a white plastic body and are compatible with most other similar tracks. Follow up by adding your new shower curtains to the carriers. If you run into issues, please contact us at 888-434-7444.
Viola! The end result of your ceiling mounted shower curtains will be sleek and sophisticated.
The nail salon industry in the United States is comprised of nail care services including manicures, pedicures and the sale of nail care products like nail polish and nail care accessories. According to Statista.com, as of 2018, there were almost 395,600 nail technicians and just over 56,300 individual nail salons in the United States. That’s a lot of nail salons!
With so many nail salons for consumers to choose from, how do you get your business to stand out from the others?
Deliver an exceptional final product and amazing service.
This may seem like the most obvious answer but oftentimes, business owners and staff get caught up in the day-to-day operations that they think they are delivering quality service, but in reality, they are not. Not greeting customers when they come through the door and making them wait long periods of time, rushing through a service, not answering the phone, these are all things that may make that customer walk right back out that door and go to a competitor down the street. If you are a business owner, take a moment to step back and evaluate your customer service delivery. Look at add-on services that your customers may enjoy such as complimentary refreshing fruit infused water or a bar that serves wine and fun drinks. Offer packages for mommy/daughter pedicures or a bachelorette party bundle that includes more than one service. Create an experience that will keep your customers coming back again and again.
Be committed to safety and have an impeccably clean salon with sterilized tools.
According to Good Housekeeping when choosing a salon, take note of the tools they use and if they are sterilized. “Salons that are committed to the safety and well-being of your nails always use sterilized tools.” Are the workstations clean? Are all tools sterilized and in sealed plastic? Be sure to watch them open these packages in front of you. When in doubt, bring your own tool kit and nail polish. For more tips on salon safety, check out this article.
Create a spa-like experience for every guest that walks through your door.
This can be everything from working massage chairs at the pedicure station to soft touches throughout the salon. Live plants, aromatherapy, chandeliers, and beautiful curtains on windows as well as any areas storing supplies can all help create a soothing experience for your guests. One nail salon did just that by adding lush curtains to their windows. It not only helps create great curb appeal, but it also enhances the look in the interior of the salon.
Creating a salon that is welcoming and safe should be a top priority for all salon owners and can help your business stand out from the competition. If Curtain-Tracks can help your business achieve a more aesthetic look, please contact our friendly customer service team. We are here to help!
A Curtain-Tracks customer recently sent in some photos of her new and improved bathroom. She ordered her track from us as well as bead chains, carriers, and an extra-long liner. This is what she had to say about her experience.
I ordered this track and bead chain for our guest bath. I could not be more pleased with the look and quality of your product. The sales staff on the phone were more than helpful and guided me through the whole process. The track, rollers, bead chain, and extra-long liner came quickly and the price was very reasonable. I now have a shower area that is not only functional but looks amazing."
Thanks, Denise Q.
Thank you, Denise, for sharing your photos and positive feedback. Your finished bathroom looks amazing and we are glad we could help.
If you need assistance with a home improvement project, be sure to call the friendly team at Curtain-Tracks. We are here to offer guidance and help you every step of the way. (888) 434-7444
Clawfoot and stand alone tubs are making a comeback as homeowners tackle bathroom projects during COVID. Large soaker tubs are being ripped out and replaced with smaller stylish, or vintage tubs that don't take up as much space but still provide a relaxing soak. (If you are looking for the very best bathtub available, be sure to check out these selections from Business Insider.) One common dilemma with this type of remodel is what to do if the beautiful tub also doubles as a shower? How do you keep the water in the tub?
One solution to this common issue is adding curtain tracks around the tub. Matthew M. from Washington DC recently contacted us for a similar project for his clawfoot tub and he installed the 4108 Bendable I Beam Curtain Track. This is a Silver or Black anodized aluminum track with a satin finish. Available in 8 foot sections, it can be hand bent making it perfect for this project. Ceiling or Wall Mount. This track works well with 4121 nylon wheel carriers or 3312 nylon block carriers, and 4126 ceiling bracket or our 3082 snap in retainer. Once the track was completely installed, Matthew added the Shower Shield Curtains in Shadow which are antimicrobial, machine washable and have stain and odor release properties, to complete the look.
Tackling a project like this doesn't have to be daunting. We are here to help you select the right products and provide tips and tricks for installation. For design inspiration, check us out on Pinterest!
According to a study, people spend approximately 420 minutes a week in the bathroom so you just might want to consider sprucing it up just a tad. One simple way to do that is to update the look of your shower with a new shower curtain. A fantastic shower curtain can really set the tone for a bathroom. However, if your bathroom has a tall ceiling, you may be wondering how you can create an elegant look. This is when the Recmar 7185 Beaded Chain Curtain Drop comes into play.
The Beaded Chain Curtain Drops are often used with privacy cubicle curtains to allow enough space for sprinkler systems in the event of a fire. But these drop chains can also help close the gap between a curtain and the ceiling mount curtain track system (like on tall ceilings in a bathroom!).
Available in 12”, 16.5” or 28.5” lengths, the Beaded Chain (Ball Chain) Drop comes with Eyelets and Hook. The brass chain and eyelet is nickel plated with a stainless steel hook, helping to prevent rust or corrosion from water or steam. Another great feature is if the lengths of the chain aren’t the exact perfect length, the eyelets are removable which allow you to create a custom length for your project. And don't forget, when it comes to your shower curtains, we offer custom sized shower curtains in a variety of materials ranging from commercial grade vinyl to fabrics.
Ready to redecorate that bathroom and give the drop chains a try? Contact us with any questions and we’d love to see your before and after pictures!
TOUGH SHOWER CURTAINS
Are you looking for a shower curtain that can stand even the toughest environments but still look good? Look no further than the Sure-Chek Linen-Vinyl shower curtain!
The Sure-Chek Linen-Vinyl shower curtain is so strong it can endure the toughest wear and tear, even from the least gentle of users. It literally is tear resistant. The extra strength material allows for an extended shower curtain life but there are also other factors that make these shower curtains special: they are stain and odor resistant. The odor resistance protects against odor forming bacterial growth and the anti-microbial controlled release continually sends the antimicrobial agent to the surface of the fabric. The super-fantastic built-in protection lasts the life of the fabric. All of this means less replacement curtain shopping for you!
These shower curtains are not only durable, they are also easy-care. Our customers love that they are virtually stain resistant and that they can easily be wiped clean with mild soapy water (no need to machine wash). The vinyl-like fabric has a great linen surface texture and is available in 12 popular colors. Purchase the size that is right for you (Heights range from 60-102 and Width ranges from 36-288).
Whether you are looking for a top-notch shower curtain for your home or several shower curtains that can stand up against tough use in a hospital, clinic or correctional facility, the Sure-Chek Linen-Vinyl shower curtain could be just what you are looking for.
When you think of high-end, glamorous bathrooms, oftentimes they don't have doors on the showers. You see beautiful tilework, a magnificent shower head (or two, or three, or four...) and a quality shower curtain pulled open to the side. The shower curtain is usually connected to a ceiling mount curtain track, rather than a shower rod. A ceiling mount track is extremely stable and more secure than a rod so you can shower without worrying you are being too rough with the shower curtain.
Mounting a curtain track to the ceiling gives the appearance of a larger space and can create a luxury look to the room and with our Deluxe Shower Curtain Kit, you get everything you need - 6 foot Track (1), Ceiling Brackets and screws (5), End Stops (2), Wheel Carriers w/ Shackle and set screws (12). If you want to have some space between the top of your curtain and the ceiling to let out steam while showering, you can add beaded drop chains to the kit. These are nickel plated brass chains and eyelet with stainless steel hook so they won't rust or corrode. They are available in 12 inch, 16.5 inch, and 28.5 inch lengths and have removable eyelets so you can cut them to custom lengths.
To upgrade your bathroom, a simple change like replacing a shower curtain rod and adding a ceiling mount curtain track, can be the first step. Add the shower curtain of your choice (be sure to check out our wide selection!) and you are well on your way to a luxury bathroom, After your renovation is complete, we would love to see your photos so we can feature them in our Photo Gallery and on Facebook.
If you are looking for industrial strength shower curtains for your hospital, rehab facility or institution, look no further. Sure-Chek Linen vinyl is incredibly strong and made to endure service wear and abuse. Extra strength and tear resistance means these shower curtains are meant to last!
MEANT TO LAST
Sure-Chek® Linen is stain and odor resistant and made with antimicrobial fabric protection which means it can be wiped clean for maximum protection. Not only will they last, they look good, too! This vinyl-like fabric is designed with an attractive linen surface texture and stocked in 12 popular colors so you can find a color that works best for your institution.
When it comes to Sure-Check Linen vinyl, there are many benefits:
- Easy-care, simply wipe down with mild soapy water
- Flame Resistant
- Stain Resistance
- Most oils, greases and contaminants may be wiped off with soap, water and mild cleansers, allowing for curtains to be cleaned in place.
- Odor Resistant – protects against odor forming bacterial growth
- Antimicrobial (Anti-microbial) – controlled release continually sends the antimicrobial agent to the surface of the fabric. Built-in protection lasts the life of the fabric.
- Economical – lower replacement costs, less inventory, minimal care and maintenance all contribute to the economy of the shower curtains.
Ordering is easy! Simply select the color of your choice and obtain the height and width measurements. Should you have any questions, email or call us at (888) 434-7444. We are happy to help!
In our blog, we've written a few posts about using curtain tracks for claw foot tubs. Claw foot tubs often need a curtain track to encircle the entire tub when they are placed away from the wall, allowing for privacy from all angles. In this blog post, we want to address using curtain tracks for a soaker tub/shower combo and how we recently helped a customer who had a triangular shaped soaker tub in the corner of the bathroom that doubles as a shower.
Enjoying a long, luxurious bath in a soaker tub sounds amazing but if that tub doubles as a shower, you need to think of a way to enclose the tub. Since our customer has a tub in the corner of the bathroom, she wanted to add a ceiling track that could accommodate the curved angle around the edge of the tub which would keep the water inside the tub when the shower is in use. We recommended our 6100 flexible curtain track. This track is simply the best. It can be bent to fit almost any angle (and certainly the curved angle of her tub) and you don't need tools as it can easily be bent by hand. Simply mount the track on the ceiling, add carriers, hooks and a shower curtain and your tub/shower combo is ready to go. If our customer wants to feature the tub, she can keep the shower curtain pulled back to one side or pull it closed to conceal the tub/shower.
A project like this is easy to complete and we are always happy to help solve a decorating/functionality dilemma. Interested in reading more about customer bathroom projects? Visit our blog under our bathroom category to get ideas or contact us and let us know how we can help you with your next project.
When it comes to certain projects, we know sometimes you can't find exactly what you are looking for. For example, if you are remodeling your bathroom and decide to install a floor to ceiling shower to create a sleek, seamless look, you just might not find the perfect shower curtain to complete the project. That's when Curtain-Tracks can step in and help you by making a custom shower curtain!
USE THE BEST
Architects, designers and DIYers contact us for remodeled and custom bathroom projects because we have tracks and curtains that can be made to specific measurements. First however, you should consider how the curtains will hang. Curtain tracks are often to go-to because they offer greater stability than curtain rods and our ceiling mounted curtain tracks are the best on the market (and perfect for showers). Once you select your track, check out our custom-sized shower curtains that are available in a variety of materials. If you are looking for a shower curtain that is wider than a traditional curtain, or you need a curtain that is taller to accommodate a ceiling mount curtain track, we can help by making a custom shower curtain.
READY TO GET STARTED?
With custom-made shower curtains, the finished product will not finish at the exact width ordered. We adheres to industry standards that bases all curtains on CUT WIDTH. This means the approximate loss may vary up to 3.5” per panel. The reason is is due to varying fabric widths, side hems, and panel seams. The following chart is based on 72” fabric width.
VINYL SHOWER CURTAIN SPECIFICATIONS:
- 1 3/8" triple thick top hem consisting of one ply of the curtain material
- 1 1/8" reinforcement header strip of closely woven mesh covered by a 6 gauge clear strip of vinyl
- Sewn with double needle construction, 1 1/8 inch between stitching rows
- Top hem has two-piece rustproof anodized aluminum grommets on 6"
- centers (use of single grommet with crimped undersides is not acceptable)
- Height tolerance is +/- 1inch
- Width tolerance is +/- 2 inches. (remember to add 20% width to your shower curtain beyond track length)
- No bottom hem, allowing for easy run-off of soap and water
- Vinyl formulated with an anti-microbial to insure maximum mildew resistance for the life of the shower curtain
FABRIC SHOWER CURTAIN SPECIFICATIONS:
- 1 3/8 inch triple thick top hem consisting of a double layer of curtain material
- 1 1/8 inch reinforcement header strip of closely woven mesh
- Sewn with double needle construction, 1 1/8 inch between stitching rows.
- Top hem has two-piece rustproof anodized aluminum grommets on 6"
- Height tolerance is +/- 1inch
- Width tolerance is +/- 2 inch (remember to add 20% width to your shower curtain beyond track length)
- All curtains to have full length double thick turned ½ inch side hems locking the left and right sides of the curtain from top to bottom, eliminating raw side edges
- Reverse double thick turned ½ inch bottom hem, eliminating raw bottom edge and allowing for easy run-off of soap and water
- Polyester and Nylon to be treated with durable water repellent finish to make fabric water repellent and stain repellent
HERE TO HELP
If you are ready to move forward with your project or just have some questions, we encourage you to reach out to our friendly team of customer service representatives. We can walk you though the entire process and help you order everything you need. We are proud to be the best source to supply the curtain you need in the size that you specify at an affordable price.