In thumbing through the current issue of Departures magazine, I came across an interesting article about Airstream travel trailers by Jesse Will. He chronicles a number of interesting facts (some of which are shared below) and it is certainly worth a look if you have any interest in Airstream Trailers, Travel Trailers in general, or RVs. Here is some of the history shared about the iconic manufacturer of the unmistakable aluminum skinned trailers:
- 105,000 Airstream trailers exist is various states of repair, since Airstream was founded in 1932
- The current factory located in Jackson Center, Ohio has been producing trailers since 1952
- Many of the current productions methods mirror those used since the beginning -- each Airstream is pieced together by hand
- Each Airstream trailer is held together by three to four thousand rivets and screws
- The Airstream factory does restoration work to refurbish vintage Airstream trailers
We have a lot of customers who are Airstream owners looking for replacement parts for their trailers including Airstream curtain tracks, curtains, carriers or glides, and end stops. Since everyone can't afford a brand new Airstream with a sticker price of up to $74,000, we are here to help those that want the keep their existing Airstream looking its best. Curtain-Tracks.com offers several curtain carriers that are Airstream compatible, and have the curtain glides below. We can also make custom replacement RV curtains for your Airstream trailer as well.
Regardless of whether you are lucky enough to own a vintage Airstream Clipper or Silver Cloud, or some other make and model of trailer, camper, or RV, if you need replacement Airstream curtains, curtain tracks or hardware, Curtain-Tracks.com is a great source to find what you need. If we don't have it, we are happy to point a customer in the right direction on where they may be able to source the right parts. And if that doesn't work and a replacement curtain track system is in order, we will certainly be able to meet your needs as well.